Friday, November 15, 2013

including the kids in your daily activities!

Today's post is not only about our delicious weight watchers meal, but about how important it is to include your kids in your everyday duties around the house!

Last night, The kids and I went over to my moms house for dinner.. (since I'm away from home often, we spend as much time with my momma as possible when were around!) I had an itch to cook, which you should know.. never happens- my husband is the fabulous cook in my household, so were struggling to eat good meals while he is deployed! ;)

Anyways, we were supposed to have lazy house wives- my all time favorite meal.. maybe because the name hits the spot with my hatred of cooking ;) (I will do another post on the recipe later on) but momma decided to try a new meal instead, which to my suprise turned out amazing!


My handy little helper Bentley- shown above eating the spinach and ricotta directly out of the bowl.. was great at mixing up the main ingredients to the meal! He loved helping mum and his grandma in the kitchen!



To me, it is SO important to stay involved with your kids! I feel like these days to many parents rely on the tv to entertain their kids. I had a blast having bentley help out with dinner, and best of all he loved it too!





So, who is ready for the best part? I've included the recipe as well!


Spinach Lasagna Rolls:
Servings: 9 Serving size: 1 roll. Old points: 4 pts. Points+: 6wwpts
Calories:224.9. Fat:3.4g. Protein: 13.0g. Carbs: 31.5

ingredients:
●9 lasagna noodles, cooked
●10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
●15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
●3/4 Cup grated parmesan cheese
●1 egg
●Salt and fresh pepper
●32 oz tomato sauce
● 9 tbsp (about 3 oz) part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, parmesan, egg, salt, and pepper, In a medium bowl.
Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish.

Place a peice of wax paper on the counter and lay out the cooked lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.

Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts and center is warm. Makes 9 rolls.

To serve:
Ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll!


there you have it! A simple, yet yummy ww meal! I strayed a bit from the weight watchers part and added a bit more cheese ;) next time I may use a bit less spinach as well. We also had took cook for more like 50 minutes as the middle wasn't quite warm yet!

feel free to post your experiences and thoughts on the meal in the comments, would love to have some other oppinions!

xo,
Heather




No comments:

Post a Comment